- Employment Opportunities
- News & Events
- About STC
- Member Nations
- Programs & Services
- Vampire Gala
Casual Support Worker
Saskatoon Tribal Council
Health & Family Services
The Saskatoon Tribal Council’s group of companies is dynamic, forward-looking and outcome based. The authority for operating comes from the Chiefs of the seven member First Nations whose leadership is both progressive and accountable. The Saskatoon Tribal Council is known for its sound fiscal and program management capacities and for the services and programs delivered to all members, resident in their community or in the urban centres.
We are seeking a pool of qualified individuals to work in the areas of administration, health, and child/youth programs. Qualified candidates may be used in multiple areas depending on skills and experience.
- First Nation ancestry is an asset;
- Post secondary education or training in a relevant field (social work, administration, youth worker, recreation, addictions, etc.);
- Must have experience working with vulnerable populations;
- Should have a strong knowledge of community resources;
- Ability to work independently and as part of a multi-disciplinary team demonstrated organizational and time management skills;
- Must be dependable and reliable; have good work ethics;
- A creative problem solver, resourceful and comfortable working in a flexible and challenging work environment;
- Strong understanding of aboriginal cultures;
- Knowledge of an aboriginal language would be an asset;
- Good to excellent computer skills;
- Must have a valid driver’s license, access to a reliable vehicle; and
- Be able to provide a criminal record check.
CONDITIONS OF WORK
- Hours of work will vary throughout the week and from week to week;
- Travel to First Nation communities and locations outside of Saskatoon may be required;
- There is an option to accept or decline shifts/work.
To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter detailing your qualifications and availability along with three (3) references to:
Administrative Finance Clerk
STC Health & Family Services Inc.
200-335 Packham Avenue
Saskatoon SK S7N 4S1
Fax: (306) 956-3268
No telephone calls please, STC Health & Family Services Inc. appreciates the interest of all applicants. This is continuous posting – resumes will be reviewed periodically on an as-needed basis. Only successful candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Applicants are required to state how they meet the eligibility requirements in their cover letter.
* Internal postings are STC employment opportunites - open to qualified members of Kinistin Saulteaux Nation, Mistawasis First Nation, Muskeg Lake Cree Nation, Muskoday First Nation, One Arrow First Nation, Whitecap Dakota First Nation, Yellow Quill First Nation, or current permanent employees of the Saskatoon Tribal Council.
* External postings are STC employment opportunites - open for application by the general public
* Community Postings are STC member First Nation employment opportunities - open for application by the general public