- Employment Opportunities
- News & Events
- About STC
- Member Nations
- Programs & Services
- Vampire Gala
Early Childhood Educators
1 Full Time - Level 3
Saskatoon Tribal Council
Saskatoon Tribal Council (STC) improves the quality of life of First Nations through mutually beneficial partnerships with community organizations and industry. Opportunities for improved living are accessed through programs and services in health, safety, economic development, education, and financial investments in the broader community. Acting as a representative body for seven First Nations, STC delivers programs and services to those living in member communities and Saskatoon. More information is available at www.sktc.sk.ca
FIRE: Fairness, Integrity, Respect, Excellence
STC is a non-profit corporation delivering services in the urban area, focusing on responsive services for First Nations services in the City of Saskatoon. All services are status blind, with the exception of funding for training and employment.
We are seeking employees to work within the educational, stimulating, fun environment at the STC Urban Early Learning Centre.
Under the supervision of the Early Childhood Educator Coordinator and the Early Childhood Program Manager, the ECE positions require physically active individuals who are willing to "get down on the floor to play."
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Meet and greet the parents and children
- Assist with both long and short range programming in accordance with program philosophy, provincial "Play and Exploration" Program Guidebook, and developmentally appropriate First Nations childrearing practices
- Support children’s emotional and social development, encouraging understanding of others and positive self-concepts
- Dress children and change diapers, support toilet training in cooperation with parents
- Organize, sanitize and store toys and play equipment to ensure order in activity areas
- Knowledge of holistic model of health and wellness programs (Medicine Wheel Concept)
- Knowledge of First Nations and Métis culture and ability to speak Cree a definite asset
- Ability to build healthy relationships with parents, children and staff
- Demonstrated exceptional leadership, administrative and problem solving skills
- Must have excellent written and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to work well in a team environment
- Maintain confidentiality
- Must possess a valid Saskatchewan driver’s license (class 5) and meet STC's insurance requirements
- Current Criminal Records Check (CPIC) and a Vulnerable Sector Check must be available at the time of interview
- Diploma in Early Childhood Education or equivalent (Level III Certification) required, and a minimum 1 year's experience. Be prepared to provide ECE documentation at time of interview.
- Additional training and experience in working with children who have diverse needs would be an asset.
- Be able to physically lift children and move furniture
- First Aid/CPR certification is required.
Job posting closes 4:30 p.m. February 22, 2017.
To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter detailing your qualifications along with three (3) references to:
Saskatoon Council Tribal
c/o Wilna Bear
200-335 Packham Avenue
Saskatoon SK S7N 4S1
Fax: (306) 244-1097
No telephone calls please, STC appreciates the interest of all applicants; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Applicants are required to state how they meet the eligibility requirements in their cover letter.
* Internal postings are STC employment opportunites - open to qualified members of Kinistin Saulteaux Nation, Mistawasis First Nation, Muskeg Lake Cree Nation, Muskoday First Nation, One Arrow First Nation, Whitecap Dakota First Nation, Yellow Quill First Nation, or current permanent employees of the Saskatoon Tribal Council.
* External postings are STC employment opportunites - open for application by the general public
* Community Postings are STC member First Nation employment opportunities - open for application by the general public