- Employment Opportunities
- News & Events
- About STC
- Member Nations
- Programs & Services
- Vampire Gala
Permanent Full-Time Position
Whitecap Dakota First Nation
The Whitecap Dakota First Nation (WDFN) has an opening for a permanent, full-time Lands Coordinator. This is a great opportunity for an experienced Lands professional to join a modern and progressive First Nation near Saskatoon!
As part of the Economic Development & Lands team, the Lands Coordinator is responsible for the effective and efficient management and administration of the Whitecap Dakota Government’s Lands department.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Administer the WDFN Land Code; WDFN lands; annual lands budget and work plan;
- Manage all commercial and residential leases, permits, licenses, easements, traditional interests and land resolutions; land surveys, land appraisals, inspections, environmental assessments
- Maintain the Whitecap Dakota Land Register in coordination with the First Nations Land Registry.
- Develop land laws, policies and procedures in conjunction with the WDFN Lands Advisory Committee;
- Coordinate the development of a Geographic Information System (GIS) for the management and development of WDFN lands in conjunction with Public Works staff;
- Act as the Property Tax Administrator for the management and administration of the Whitecap Dakota First Nation Property Taxation Law in coordination with the WDFN Finance Department;
- Administer development permit applications, inspections, and approvals; and coordinate with all crown utilities for servicing requirements.
- Post-secondary education and professional experience in Lands Management and Administration;
- Proficient working knowledge of Microsoft Office; CAD and ARCMAP experience an asset.
- Technical writing skills including the ability to draft reports and proposals at a professional level;
- Understanding of Property Tax Administration;
- Must possess a valid Saskatchewan driver’s license and a reliable vehicle.
The successful candidate shall be subject to a Criminal Record Check as a condition of employment.
SALARY: Based on qualifications and experience. An excellent benefits package is provided.
Job posting closes 4:30 p.m. on February 24, 2017.
Submit cover letter and resume via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Indicate Competition # in the subject line: #EDL1-2017-02-24
You will receive an automatic reply acknowledging receipt of your application.
Alternatively, you may submit your application via mail or fax to:
Whitecap Dakota First Nation
182 Chief Whitecap Trail
Whitecap SK S7K 2L2
Fax: (306) 374-5899
We thank all applicants; however only those individuals who are selected for an interview will be contacted.
Applicants are required to state how they meet the eligibility requirements in their cover letter.
* Internal postings are STC employment opportunites - open to qualified members of Kinistin Saulteaux Nation, Mistawasis First Nation, Muskeg Lake Cree Nation, Muskoday First Nation, One Arrow First Nation, Whitecap Dakota First Nation, Yellow Quill First Nation, or current permanent employees of the Saskatoon Tribal Council.
* External postings are STC employment opportunites - open for application by the general public
* Community Postings are STC member First Nation employment opportunities - open for application by the general public