Community Health Representative (CHR), full-time
The Yellow Quill Health Centre is looking for an enthusiastic individual to join our team as a Full Time Community Health Representative (CHR).
Working under the direction of the Health Director and with professional guidance from the Community Health Nurse.
The Community Health Representative will provide a variety of health care and education services within the community:
• Liaising between patients, families, the community and health care providers to ensure patients and families understand their conditions and treatment, and are receiving appropriate care.
• Emphasis will be given to home visits regarding pregnancy and early infant care matter and to advise/monitor hospital after-care self-management and chronic self-health care, school programs, hold education clinics
• provide translations and interpretations of new health programs and health concerns to community members.
• The CHR will also assist with environment health monitoring activities and also assist with the development of new groups or projects focused on health care matters.
• Knowledge of counselling methods.
• Ability to plan, organize and multi-task
• Ability to establish and maintain rapport with clients.
• Ability to observe and recognize changes in clients.
• Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing with clients, family and care team.
• Ability to work independently and in cooperation with others.
• Strong public presentation skills
• Excellent client service skills
• Exercises caring/nurturing attitude, integrity and ethical behavior
• The successful candidate will possess a grade 12 or equivalent with successful completion of formal Community Health Representative training or willing to obtain
• Preference will be given to First Nations applicants
• Must be fully vaccinated (at least 2 doses)
• Valid first aid/CPR level 3 or willing to obtain
• A valid drivers license, access to a reliable vehicle and the ability to travel is required.
• The ability to speak Saulteaux, an effective understanding of Saulteaux culture and spirituality, and experience working with First Nations communities is preferred.
• Must have a clear current CPIC (Canadian Criminal Records Check), which identifies a vulnerable sectors check.
If interested, submit your Resume, Cover Letter, CPIC and copy of valid Drivers’ abstract to Yellow Quill Health Clinic:
Tania Prettyshield, Health Director
P.O Box 10 Yellow Quill, SK S0A 3A0
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
This position will remain open until filled. Selected applicants will be contacted for an interview