Archives Records Technician – Full-Time Position
Saskatoon Tribal Council (STC) improves the quality of life of First Nations through mutually beneficial partnerships with community organizations and industry.
Opportunities for improved living are accessed through programs and services in health, safety, economic development, education, and financial investments in the broader community.
Acting as a representative body for seven First Nations, STC delivers programs and services to those living in member communities and Saskatoon.
More information is available at www.sktc.sk.ca
FIRE: Fairness, Integrity, Respect, Excellence
Reporting to the Agreements Manager, the Agreements Archiving Clerk will be responsible for supporting the agreement/contract unit with the implementation of the classification and retention schedule. Archiving of program, corporate and historical documents along with the preparation, processing of various administrative and financial documents, system data inputting, establishment and maintenance of information management systems and records classification are all key areas of responsibility for this position. This position also provides administrative support services.
- Assists in supporting the implementation of the document classification and retention schedule
- Assigns appropriate file/document control numbers to various current and historical documents
- Supports all departments with technical assistance on the classification of various documents, including reporting, correspondence, personnel files etc.
- Support departments with the inventory/cataloging of file room(s)
- Support departments with the digitizing and classification of records including: records of decisions, discussions and or resolutions
- develop and implement a bring forward system for reporting and for scheduling the destruction of records as per policy.
- prepares final or amended agreement/contracts as required and ensures appropriate signing authority.
- research industry standards (Federal and Provincial legislation) and recommend appropriate management direction with regards to storage management plans
- process requests for information under the Freedom of Information/Privacy Act
- Assists with support to monitor funding agreements/contracts terms and conditions and processes final approved documents for archiving
- Provide access to information/records for appropriate personnel as per STC departmental policies and procedures
- Liaises with staff to ensure accuracy; types and enters data in tracking logs and reports
- Ensures all supporting documentation necessary for the verification process and/or audit trail is obtained; and assists in policy/procedural audits.
- Maintains all contract records, status logs, tracking systems, files and correspondence records:
- maintains a central contracts records administration system to support the administration of all contract terms and conditions.
- maintains physical and electronic records management system, along with a general filing system, including scanning of documents.
- secures documents during office hours and returns to file at end of the day.
- Provides administrative and financial support:
- maintains information using spreadsheets and/or database software.
- retrieves and sends files to off-site storage
- maintains a “bf” system and “to do” lists.
- collects information for reports, assessments and reviews to ensure they are accurate and complete prior to forwarding to Manager.
- ensures data entry documentations, calculations, coding, signing authorities, scanning and filing are accurate.
- sets up equipment for face to face or online meetings.
- Perform other related duties as defined and assigned by the reporting Director or designate on an as required basis.
Education and Experience
- Post-Secondary education in a related area (e.g. library assistant; archival science and or certification in information and records management);
- Three – five (3-5) years clerical/administrative support, with records management experience preferred; OR
- Equivalent education, training and experience may be considered.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge and understanding of STC programs and resources;
- Knowledge of funding agreements/contracts and records management principles;
- Ability to use computer applications to enter and retrieve data, access information, and produce and edit a variety of correspondence, documents and reports;
- Excellent organizational and time management skills and the ability to manage and prioritize several concurrent tasks;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships;
- Ability to learn quickly and seeks opportunities for further development;
- Dependability: able to work independently, submit accurate documentation with attention to detail, and seek guidance when needed;
- Integrity: keep sensitive information confidential and adheres to STC’s policies, process and values;
- Knowledge of the political, social and economic objectives of the Saskatoon Tribal Council and of the Dakota, Cree, and Saulteaux cultures will be considered an asset.
- Ability to lift 25 to 30 lbs on a regular basis;
- Must possess a valid Saskatchewan driver’s license, a reliable vehicle and meet STC’s insurance requirements;
- Must provide a current, original, Canadian Criminal Record Check (CPIC) as a condition of employment.
Job posting closes 4:30 p.m. December 2, 2022. To apply, please submit your resume, cover letter along with three (3) references to:
Apply online, please visit us at
Saskatoon Tribal Council
c/o Human Resources
Suite 200-335 Packham Avenue
Saskatoon SK S7N 4S1
Fax: (306) 244-1097
No telephone calls please. Saskatoon Tribal Council appreciates the interest of all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Internal postings are open to qualified band members of Kinistin Saulteaux Nation, Mistawasis Nehiyawak, Muskeg Lake Cree Nation, Muskoday First Nation, One Arrow First Nation, Whitecap Dakota First Nation, Yellow Quill First or eligible current employees of the Saskatoon Tribal Council.
Download Job Description