Nibwakawigamig – Kinistin Education Centre
Tisdale, Sask. S0E 1T0
Principal: Mr. Cyrus Smokeyday
Job Title: Jr. Science Teacher
Position: August 22, 2022- June 30, 2023
Location: Kinistin First Nation
Term: Full Time
Compensation: Will vary based on Education and
OVERVIEW: The Kinistin First Nation is seeking an enthusiastic Elementary Teacher starting
August 22nd, 2022, to June 30, 2023. This is teaching assignment could change, dependent on enrolment.
This position requires the full understanding and active participation in fulfilling the mission of the
NIBWAKAWIGAMIG EDUCATION CENTRE.
DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
•Instruct K-8 program subject areas: Math, Science, ELA, Health, Social Studies etc.
Demonstrated successful experience as a classroom teacher.
• Demonstrated ability to assess student performance and progress to ensure they are mastering the skills on
• Demonstrated willingness to be part of a collaborative educational team.
• Ability to work effectively within an environment which includes developing meaningful and productive
relationships with students, parents, professionals and community service agencies.
• Use a variety of activities and instructional methods (songs, stories, media, structured games, art, outdoor
activities, etc.) to motivate and stimulate children’s abilities.
• Sending routine and non-routine correspondence to families the confidentiality of families (student
•. Other duties as assigned by the Principal as required
• An understanding of the Nakawê Language Nation, is an asset to families
• Maintaining the confidentiality of families (student information)
•Post-Secondary Degree in Education
• Must hold a valid Saskatchewan Professional “A” Teaching Certificate
The candidate must be punctual, well spoken, efficient, discreet and pleasant on the telephone and in person.
Must be computer literate and must be a problem-solver, ready to find effective solutions. To be able to “go
with the flow” on some days is a must! Must have the ability to understand respect and want to learn the
beliefs, culture and traditions of the Nakawe Nation. Provide a valid Criminal Record Check and Vulnerable
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
Competitive and commensurate with education and experience
The Kinistin First Nation invites all interested and qualified Applicants to submit a cover letter and resume
Attention: Cyrus Smokeyday
Fax to (306)873-2887 or email to
We thank all those who apply, however, only those who meet the requirements will be contacted for an
interview. Closed when filled.
Please submit resume and cover letter and references to:
ATTENTION: Human Resources
CLOSING DATE FOR RESUMES: Open until position is filled.