Nibwasawigamig – Kinistin Education Centre
Job Title: Academic Coach
Position: – 2022-2023 School year
Location: Kinistin First Nation
Term: Full Time
Compensation: Will vary based on Education and Experience
The Kinistin First Nation is seeking an enthusiastic Teacher starting Immediately to June 30, 2023. This teaching assignment could change, dependent on enrolment. This position requires the full understanding and active participation in fulfilling the mission of the NIBWAKAWIGAMIG EDUCATION CENTRE.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide support to K-8 program subject areas: Math, Science, ELA, Health, Social Studies etc.
- Demonstrated successful experience as a classroom teacher.
- Demonstrated ability to assess student performance and progress to ensure they are mastering the skills on regular basis.
- Demonstrated willingness to be part of a collaborative educational team.
- Ability to work effectively within an environment which includes developing meaningful and productive relationships with students, parents, professionals and community service agencies.
- Use a variety of activities and instructional methods (songs, stories, media, structured games, art, outdoor activities, etc.) to motivate and stimulate children’s abilities.
- Sending routine and non-routine correspondence to families the confidentiality of families (student
- Other duties as assigned by the Principal as required
- An understanding of the Nakawê Language Nation, is an asset to families
- Maintaining the confidentiality of families (student information)
- Post-Secondary Degree in Education
- Must hold a valid Saskatchewan Professional “A” Teaching Certificate
- Provide in-class support, professional development, strategic planning
- Job-embedded support and teacher coaching
The candidate must be punctual, well spoken, efficient, discreet and pleasant on the telephone and in person. Must be computer literate and must be a problem-solver, ready to find effective solutions. To be able to “go with the flow” on some days is a must! Must have the ability to understand respect and want to learn the beliefs, culture and traditions of the Nakawe Nation. Provide a valid Criminal Record Check and Vulnerable Sector Check.
Compensation and Benefits
- Competitive and commensurate with education and experience
- The Kinistin First Nation invites all interested and qualified Applicants to submit a cover letter and resume identifying qualifications/requirements.
CLOSING DATE FOR RESUMES: Open until position is filled.
Please submit your resume with three professional work references to:
ATTN: Cyrus Smokeyday – EDUCATION DIRECTOR/PRINCIPAL
KINISTIN EDUCATION CENTRE
P.O BOX 2590
TISDALE SK S0E 1T0
P: 306 878 8180
F: 306 873 2887
Download Job Description
We thank all those who apply, however, only those who meet the requirements will be contacted for interview.
Closed when filled.