Kinistin Saulteaux Nation
Kinistin Daycare/Headstart Employment Opportunity
POSITION: 1 Early Childhood Educator
Reporting directly to the Daycare Coordinator and supervised by the Kinistin Education Principle, the Early Childhood Educator is responsible for carrying out the duties as outlined herein.
- Adhere to the Personnel Policy Manual as set out by the Kinistin Saulteaux Nation Chief and Council.
- Maintain strict confidentiality at all times.
- Must understand, support and participate in the community enhancement initiatives in working towards the vision of Kinistin Saulteaux Nation which improves the quality of life.
- Greet parents and discuss their child’s development and accomplishments.
- Develop and carry out programming based on:
- The children’s interests, developmental level and abilities.
- Saulteaux culture and language.
- Ability to speak Saulteaux fluently an asset
- Maintain center routines and daily schedule.
- Arrange rooms and equipment for lunch and rest periods.
- Assist children to learn good eating, dressing and toilet habits.
- Attend staff meetings to discuss progress and concerns regarding children.
- Assist supervisor in keeping records.
- Maintain day-care equipment and assist in housekeeping duties.
- Seek additional funding through grants and fund-raising activities to enhance the Daycare program.
- Work with other staff to coordinate completion of above duties.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Daycare/Headstart Coordinator or Kinistin Education Principle within the scope of duties.
- Minimum: Early Childhood Education Orientation, preferably ECE Certificate
- Provide a Criminal Record Check, and Vulnerable Sector Check with your Resume
- First Aid /CPR Certificate, Safe Food Handling Certificate, and WHMIS
- If individual does not possess ECE certification or the other listed qualifications, must be willing to take classes to complete these within the first year of employment
- Must provide a Medical Certificate, including TB Test results and Updated Vaccine
- Be able to physically able to lift ‘little ones’ and get ‘down on the floor’ to play with children
- Valid Saskatchewan driver’s license, access to reliable vehicle is considered an asset and
- The ability to speak Saulteaux, an effective understanding of Saulteaux culture and spirituality, and experience working with First Nations communities is preferred.
- Enjoy spending time with children – observing and playing with them, encouraging their learning, guiding their behavior, helping them solve conflicts.
- Able to model appropriate behavior and language for children.
- Ability to deal creatively and effectively with problems.
- Ability to use different methods to help children learn.
- Open to learning new approaches and methods.
- Good organizational skills.
- Ability to work cooperatively with other staff.
- Patient and kind, but firm when necessary.
- Ability to build healthy relationships with parents, children and staff.
Deadline for Applications: Until Filled
Submit a resume, cpic, vulnerable sector check and cover letter via email, mail, or fax to:
Loretta Nippi Human Resources
Daycare/Headstart Coordinator Kinistin Saulteaux Nation
Kinistin Daycare/Headstart Center P.O Box 2590
P.O Box 2590 Tisdale, SK
Tisdale, SK S0E 1T0
S0E 1T0 Email: email@example.com
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Fax: (306) 873-5235
Fax: (306) 873-2887
Kinistin Education Center
P.O Box 2590
Download Job Description