Mistawasis Nêhiyawak requires Early/Primary Years Teacher for the 2022-23 academic year.
Location: Chief Mistawasis School
Apply by: Open Until Filled
To create a class environment favorable to learning and personal growth; to establish effective rapport with students; to motivate students to develop skills, attitudes and knowledge need to provide a good foundation for upper elementary grade education in accordance with each student’s ability; to establish good relationships with parents and other staff members.
Prinicipal/Director of Education
- Have strong background in the areas of literacy and numeracy.
- Ability to effectively intertwine Indigenous content into curriculum.
- Strong collaboration skills to enhance academic outcomes.
- Maintain accurate and complete student records, and prepare reports on children and activities, as required by Mistawasis Nêhiyawak policies, and administrative regulations.
- Confer with parents, administrators, testing specialists, social workers, and professionals to develop individual educational plans designed to promote students’ educational, physical, and social needs.
- Employ special educational strategies and techniques during instruction to improve the development of sensory and perceptual-motor skills, language, cognition, and memory.
- Teach personal development skills such as goal setting, independence, and self-advocacy, and prepare students for later grades.
- Meet with other professionals to discuss individual students’ needs and progress.
- Observe and evaluate students’ performance, behaviours, social development, and physical health.
- A commitment to differentiated instruction.
- Have excellent classroom management skills.
- Participates in curriculum development programs as required.
- Perform all other acts reasonable and necessary to accomplish their primary function as requested by the Principal/Director of Education.
Education and Skills:
- Minimum education degree (B.Ed.).
- Saskatchewan Teacher’s Professional A certificate.
- a current, original Canadian Criminal Record Check (CPIC) and Vulnerable Sector Check.
- Ability to work collaboratively with colleagues, and with other agencies.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Must possess a good working knowledge of technology.
- Valid First Aid/CPR/AED.
Please submit cover letter, resume, and three professional references to:
For further information contact:
Download Job Description