Saskatoon Tribal Council (STC) Well-Being Services works collaboratively with our member communities to provide positive outcomes for children and families through the Progressive Model. The Progressive Model funding assists communities in enhancing their prevention and family support services that keep families intact and thriving within their circle of support and cultural connections. The goal is to move towards implementing and delivering their child welfare model.
Well-Being Services provides two collaborative pathways of services to STC members in their respective communities:
1. Child Protection and Child-Safety Services
- STC has the legal authority under delegation of the Ministry of Social Services (Child and Family Services Act) to assess, investigate, and respond to alleged reports of child welfare concerns in our member communities.
- Well-Being Services works collaboratively with communities to respond to child welfare concerns focusing on addressing safety concerns that support the child’s best interest and build upon family strengths.
2. Secondary-Level Services
- Ongoing assessments are essential in enhancing prevention and family support services. Communities are in the best position to know what is required to meet the needs of their families and children.
- Well-Being Services helps facilitate and support capacity building in essential prevention and family support services for our member communities through our clinical and technical support services
STC Urban Family Services
Our urban members can also access STC Urban Family Services programs for family support and children programs at their new location at 320-21st St. West in Saskatoon.
Please visit the Urban Family Services page for more details.
Intake Contact Information
General Intake Contact
- 1-844-956-5668 > Monday to Friday 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- This number gets forwarded to Norplex after-hours
For the following STC member nations only: Kinistin, One Arrow, and Muskoday
- 1-866-871-4237 > Norplex call centre, which in turn directs the call to the STC worker on call
For the following STC member nations only: Mistawasis and Muskeg
- Child welfare reports go directly to the Ministry of Social Services. Their toll-free intake number is 1-800-274-8297. This number is routed through Mobile Crisis outside of office hours.