Welcome to the Saskatoon Tribal Council’s (STC) Wellness Program home page! For the past 35 years, the STC Wellness Unit has provided second-level services and support to STC’s Seven-Member First Nations. We believe that our members are entitled to receive the highest quality health care services, including designing and shaping their own programs and being consulted about their needs and community health trends.
STC communities are autonomous and sovereign nations, represented by three language groups steeped in rich culture, tradition, and spirituality. STC supports First Nations-led health models, supported by a Governance structure representing our seven-Member First Nations. Wellness is supported within communities through ceremonies and the incorporation of traditional medicines, guided by community Elders and knowledge keepers.
What we offer
The Wellness Unit provides “second-level” support, consisting of the following services:
- Communicable Disease prevention and surveillance (link to environmental)
- Home and Community Care (link to Home and Community Care)
- Environmental and Public Health and Emergency Planning and Management (link to environmental)
- Mental Health Services, Crisis, support for survivors of Indian Residential Schools, tragic events response support, and resiliency programs and education (link to Integrated Wellness)
- The STC Health Centre (link to STC Health Centre)
- STC Health Bus Program (missing)
- Accreditation and Quality Assurance (link to Accreditation)
- Maternal Child Health Program support (link to Community Health)
- The STC Downtown Wellness Centre (link to Wellness Centre)
- Agreements management and support (missing)
The Wellness Program is supported by talented and highly qualified health staff, supported by STC Program Managers. Our services have been shaped and guided by the communities we serve.
STC Wellness Program
200-335 Packham Avenue,
Saskatoon, SK, S7N 4S1
Gary Beaudin, Director